Vlc player does not save the recent media

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
svr32
New Cone
New Cone

Vlc player does not save the recent media

Postby svr32 » 18 Jun 2011 01:15

Hi, my vlc player is not saving my the recent opened videos. I have updated to the latest version but the problem still exist. What should I do ? This is very important for me since I always need to see what chapter I saw and what chapter should I see in order to continuing viewing my series.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Vlc player does not save the recent media

Postby VLC_help » 18 Jun 2011 12:46

How do you open your files? (drag&drop, double click or ...)

solazy
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 1.1.11
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Vlc player does not save the recent media

Postby solazy » 18 Jun 2011 15:44

Hi all,
I guess svr32 opens his media with double click (please confirm when you read this)

Because if you drag & drop, or if you open from Vlc menu (Media => Open File...) then it automatically adds the entry in the "Recent Media" line shown in his pic (I just tested all this)

So it's a little issue with Vlc interface : why this strange behavior of not adding the entry in "Recent Media" when you double-click the file in Windows Explorer, compared to the adding of the entry if you drag & drop (or open with Media => Open File...)

Imho, all 3 ways of opening a media should behave same, adding the entry in "Recent Media"
(Vlc_help, if you confirm this and agree, please do what you think should be done to harmonize the adding of the media in "Recent Media", no matter the way it was opened, thanks a lot)

I never realized this issue before, because I don't save the recently played files in Vlc as seen in the next 2 pics, reflecting my Vlc config (please note in the 1st pic how the "Recent Media" line is missing, compared to svr32's pic)

Before the tests, I had to tick "Save the recently played items in the menu", Save Preferences, Quit Vlc
Then only appeared the "Recent Media" line in Vlc menu (as in svr32's pic) and all tests were made :D

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”