1.1.7 Not Streaming

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
HalifaxSamuels
New Cone
New Cone

1.1.7 Not Streaming

Postby HalifaxSamuels » 06 Mar 2011 01:25

For some reason I can't get streaming to work at all. I set things up as well as I can (given that there's practically no documentation on this yet) but when it's all set up there's no network activity and it just decides to play the file locally instead (other computers won't connect when supplied the IP:port in VLC). I can't get it to stream from a file, a playlist, or from a capture device (webcam) from either my desktop or my laptop (just trying to stream across the LAN).

Is there any place that has worthwhile instructions on how to stream from the new version of VLC yet or should I just go find an installer for an older version and downgrade on all my PCs?

willowave
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: 1.1.7 Not Streaming

Postby willowave » 07 Mar 2011 23:31

I'm not going to be able to help, sorry, but I am curious. You have gotten streaming to work before? On the older version? I haven't ever streamed before but I kind of know what I am doing, and I can't get the new version to stream either.

HalifaxSamuels
New Cone
New Cone

Re: 1.1.7 Not Streaming

Postby HalifaxSamuels » 08 Mar 2011 15:05

I was able to stream from my desktop to a different laptop long ago, yes. This laptop is new and has a clean install of Windows on it, so it hasn't really had a chance to get messed up yet (not many outside factors that would keep VLC from working right). I haven't had much time at all to toy with it but I was really hoping to be able to stream video files for my next big LAN party and to stream a webcam.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”