how to create loop area?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
warakawa
New Cone
New Cone

how to create loop area?

Postby warakawa » 02 Feb 2011 15:51

hello, I am trying to learn a foreign language, there is a specific sentence I want to listen to constantly, I don't how to set a repeat to say 0:30 to 0:35 with the video, how can I do that?

Thanks

warakawa
New Cone
New Cone

Re: how to create loop area?

Postby warakawa » 04 Feb 2011 02:50

?

solazy
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 1.1.11
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Postby solazy » 04 Feb 2011 14:28

Hello warakawa,
I hope the following pic will show you how to do it :
View => Advanced Controls

Then have a look at the blue circled button under the movie :
* click on it for indicating where the loop starts (point A)
* click on it for indicating where the loop ends (point B)
* click on Play and here you go :)

solazy

Postby solazy » 04 Feb 2011 14:47

In case Vlc_help, j-b or any Vlc staff reads this, do you please have an opinion on what follows :

1) Why are these 4 Advanced controls hidden by default, instead of being constantly visible ?

2) These 4 advanced controls are very badly placed in the interface : instead of being placed lower, on the right of the main buttons (so all buttons would be on SAME line), they are placed in a second row of controls, which reduces the main video screen surface. (that's the only reason why I constantly hide the 4 Advanced controls : they reduce the main video screen surface ! Not considering all users that write you, asking "How do i record a part of the movie ?" because the record button is hidden...)

Please note that 3 buttons on the right appear only if a DVD is played (Previous Chapter, Menu, Next chapter) and disappear if a single file is played, which could make it harder for you to "insert" the 4 advanced controls at a fixed place, on the same line that the main buttons, but I'm not sure that's the reason why you decided to place the 4 Advanced Controls in a 2nd row of buttons, which unfortunately reduces the main video screen surface.

Especially you're able to redesign the buttons controls as you wish, depending of the circumstances : see how they'd differe in full screen, compared to what we see in the precedent pic.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 04 Feb 2011 15:37

In case Vlc_help, j-b or any Vlc staff reads this, do you please have an opinion on what follows :

1) Why are these 4 Advanced controls hidden by default, instead of being constantly visible ?

2) These 4 advanced controls are very badly placed in the interface : instead of being placed lower, on the right of the main buttons (so all buttons would be on SAME line), they are placed in a second row of controls, which reduces the main video screen surface. (that's the only reason why I constantly hide the 4 Advanced controls : they reduce the main video screen surface ! Not considering all users that write you, asking "How do i record a part of the movie ?" because the record button is hidden...)

Please note that 3 buttons on the right appear only if a DVD is played (Previous Chapter, Menu, Next chapter) and disappear if a single file is played, which could make it harder for you to "insert" the 4 advanced controls at a fixed place, on the same line that the main buttons, but I'm not sure that's the reason why you decided to place the 4 Advanced Controls in a 2nd row of buttons, which unfortunately reduces the main video screen surface.

Especially you're able to redesign the buttons controls as you wish, depending of the circumstances : see how they'd differe in full screen, compared to what we see in the precedent pic.
1) Because they are not used much.
2) Yes.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

solazy

Postby solazy » 04 Feb 2011 15:51

Thx j-b, so that was the reason... :wink:

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”