How to use recording feature?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
GalaxyTurbo
New Cone
New Cone

How to use recording feature?

Postby GalaxyTurbo » 04 Dec 2010 20:47

Hi, I'm using VLC player 1.0.2. How do I use the recording feature? Does it like, allow to record whatever is being played? I went to View and selected Advanced Controls. I played a file and pressed the recording button and stopped a little later. How do I play the recording? It didn't specify where it saved. Please help me

:)

klawdek
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: How to use recording feature?

Postby klawdek » 05 Dec 2010 02:57

VLC is great but there are some screwy things about it and the record feature is one of them.

I believe that if you have not done anything with the convert/save feature your recording ends up in my documents (I am not sure though)

If you have done anything with the convert/save feature then the recording goes to the directory you used for the convert/save feature.

To change the record directory you need to do the following:

1) place small multimedia file in desired directory.
2) convert file to different format.

This will set record directory to the directory used for conversion.

I think there needs to be a setting for this in the preferences in the same place were you can set the directory for snapshots.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: How to use recording feature?

Postby VLC_help » 05 Dec 2010 15:16

I think there needs to be a setting for this in the preferences in the same place were you can set the directory for snapshots.
There is already option for this.
http://wiki.videolan.org/WindowsFAQ-1.1 ... _stored.3F

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”