VLC crashes when using STOP in fullscreen

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
gresseball
New Cone
New Cone

VLC crashes when using STOP in fullscreen

Postby gresseball » 02 Dec 2010 11:31

VLC crashes, but only in fullscreen mode. The VLC hangs when the stop button is pressed. This occures not in window mode.
I uninstalled the 1.1.4 and installed the 1.1.5, but the same problem here to, but just on this computer, not on my other 3. They work fine.
Also in fullscreen mode when the bar with the timeline and buttons disapear, it leavs a big black square.
i have Win xp, Norwegian language for vlc

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: VLC crashes when using STOP in fullscreen

Postby VLC_help » 02 Dec 2010 16:10

Do other video output modules work any better?
http://wiki.videolan.org/WindowsFAQ-1.1 ... _output.3F

gresseball
New Cone
New Cone

Postby gresseball » 03 Dec 2010 10:48

I'm not shore if this occures on any other player, Think I only have VLC installed. But I shal try out your tip. Thanx.

Sébastien Escudier
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Operating System: linux

Postby Sébastien Escudier » 03 Dec 2010 11:07

No, he meant outher video output modules, in vlc.
Not other players.

gresseball
New Cone
New Cone

Postby gresseball » 04 Dec 2010 16:06

I am not shore what you mean by that. Other videomodules?
I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers, but at first it dident fix anything with the VLC, but it fixed som problems i was having with theNvidia controll panel.
I then tried the "direct3d desktop mode" and now the black square that was left when the controllpanel diapears in fullscreen is gone, but the VLC program itself crashes/hangs when using Stop butten in fullscreen. Any ideas?

Kedrigern
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Kedrigern » 22 Jun 2011 21:49

Problem solved!
I too had this anoying problem, Vlc crashed allways if the video was stopped or ended itself in fullscreen mode and had to be closed through task manager.

One way to tinkle with it was to switch video first with F11 key and then double click to enter fullscreen, vids never crashed vlc if treated like this.

But now the problem solved itself and vids don't crash anymore, I can't say precisely what was the right step to solvce vlc crashing problem because I was solving something else and this came up just like very pleasant bonus. ...I cleand thoroughly the registry and reinstalled video drivers and the problem was gone, I even did NOT reinstall vlc !! Try it as well, worked for me.. gl

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”