1.1.4 CD Autoplay?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
AuroraKet
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 1.1.4 (for now)
Operating System: Windows 7

1.1.4 CD Autoplay?

Postby AuroraKet » 12 Sep 2010 17:09

I've tried to run autoplay on a music CD in 1.1.4 on two different computers, multiple times.

I also tried 'play disc' for the same CD.

Crashes to desktop every time. Windows 7 Home Premium for both computers. No previous version I tried it with had this issue, either...

The only way I got it to play was with advanced open media, and it showed more as the DOS line for the CD player in the playlist, not the actual track names.

hardynicks
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: 1.1.4 CD Autoplay?

Postby hardynicks » 15 Sep 2010 00:24

I've tried to run autoplay on a music CD in 1.1.4 on two different computers, multiple times.

I also tried 'play disc' for the same CD.

Crashes to desktop every time. Windows 7 Home Premium for both computers. No previous version I tried it with had this issue, either...

The only way I got it to play was with advanced open media, and it showed more as the DOS line for the CD player in the playlist, not the actual track names.
It's a known problem, even VLC Help has acknowledged they get the problem but j-b says not

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=81910
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=81623

frenchy82
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby frenchy82 » 15 Sep 2010 10:18

hi,
I can confirm this problem on windows vista since vlc 1.1.0
Vlc crash with all my audio cd and send a bug report

micionero
New Cone
New Cone

Postby micionero » 24 Sep 2010 18:51

I had the same problem with 1.1.3 and 1.1.4... today I tried a couple of things to get it working again. I managed to get the cd playing by reinstalling VLC, and then unchecking the "Allow fetching media information from internet" box that appears the first time you run VLC. I've been trying a few cd's and restarted Windows (Vista), and everything seems to work fine now. Hope it helps... :)

hardynicks
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby hardynicks » 27 Sep 2010 21:20

I had the same problem with 1.1.3 and 1.1.4... today I tried a couple of things to get it working again. I managed to get the cd playing by reinstalling VLC, and then unchecking the "Allow fetching media information from internet" box that appears the first time you run VLC. I've been trying a few cd's and restarted Windows (Vista), and everything seems to work fine now. Hope it helps... :)
Interesting, so maybe the track list thing is not working correctly which is what is causing the crashes?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”