Shuffle button in Playlist

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
flyingpengwin
New Cone
New Cone

Shuffle button in Playlist

Postby flyingpengwin » 07 Aug 2010 03:31

I'm not quite sure if this is the best location for this but I don't know a better location.
I have been using VLC for a very long time and have gotten accustom to how the interface works. These last couple years have brought dramatic change to its interface and for almost all of it, it was welcome change.
The one thing that bothers me is that the play list has changed recently. It no longer contains things like shuffle or repeat. I know that it can be located in the customization section for the interface. However I do not find myself needing the shuffle button so easily accessible. I'm sure I missed some other locations for it but, as far as I can tell the only way to use the shuffle option or the repeat option would be to add it to the interface.
My question, is it possible to add the button back to the playlist or have a link to it somewhere else other than directly in the interface?

Thanks,
Flyingpengwin

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Shuffle button in Playlist

Postby VLC_help » 07 Aug 2010 17:27

My question, is it possible to add the button back to the playlist or have a link to it somewhere else other than directly in the interface?
You cannot add buttons to playlist. You can add button to full screen controller, but I guessing it isn't what you want.

flyingpengwin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby flyingpengwin » 08 Aug 2010 02:13

You cannot add buttons to playlist. You can add button to full screen controller, but I guessing it isn't what you want.
Is there any chance at them adding the shuffle button and repeat buttons back into the play list?
I don't quite understand why they would remove it in the first place.

Ludrax
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Ludrax » 08 Aug 2010 02:33

An' if ain't broke, then don't try to fix it...

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”