Left skipping problem

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Bellzemos
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Left skipping problem

Postby Bellzemos » 29 Jun 2010 00:03

Hello! I'm new to VLC media player, I just downloaded the latest 1.1.0 version and am very happy with it, except for that I can't re-set the hotkey for short left screen skipping (backwards). I set the key "Right" for right and "Left" for left, but only the right (forward) skipping is working. If I press left, nothing happens. Please help.

cybmole
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: Left skipping problem

Postby cybmole » 29 Jun 2010 11:22

i have right & left arrows both working OK in 1.10 - I have them set for 10 second jumps. I use the "short Jump" hotkey setting, not the "very short", then I set the time interval further down the screen.

BUt i have a problwm with UP / Down arrows misbehaving., I reported this in another thread + an issue with size of hot key window, which has changed since 1.05

someone needs to do proper QA of the entire hot keys feature, not treat each forum posting as a separate bug, with the onus on users to file bug reports.

it's a poor show when "new, improved" versions of software introduce bugs in areas which are not even on the "new features" list

NesteaZen
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Left skipping problem

Postby NesteaZen » 14 Jul 2010 15:46

I don't use VLC regularly, but I have the same problem on Windows XP.
I can't skip/rewind. Doesn't matter what key.
Navigate up/down/right/left was still bound.

Try clearing those first and restart VLC.

Version: 1.1.0

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”