VLC 1.0.5 no longer playing streaming video

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Namrepus221
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC 1.0.5 no longer playing streaming video

Postby Namrepus221 » 19 Apr 2010 00:00

ok I'm trying to get an RTSP stream to work on VLC. But for some reason recently, the stream has only been connecting for about a second, playing 1 second's worth of audio and then the video played somewhat jittery with no audio.

I think this might be a server related issue becuse before I was able to get the stream before without a problem. but now this keeps occuring.

I do have the RTSP over TCP enabled (it's practically required for some reason with this stream.) and havent' futzed with anything else settigns wise.

I can attempt to provide more information, but since the stream is limited to a 4 hour a week live show on Sundays, I dont' know how much more info I can give if the stream itself isnt' running.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: VLC 1.0.5 no longer playing streaming video

Postby VLC_help » 20 Apr 2010 11:27

Before you open the stream, open Tools -> Messages... (set Verbosity to 2), it will display more info. You could also try VLC 1.1.0 nightly builds.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”