Start bar in front of VLC fullscreen???

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Excalibur
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Start bar in front of VLC fullscreen???

Postby Excalibur » 02 Sep 2009 11:08

VLC 1.0.1, and previous versions, has this issue. I don't know what causes this, because WMP and other tested players, and even few other PC's do not have this problem.
When VLC is in fullscreen, sometimes Start bar of XP popsup in front of movie, so I have to press the "fullscreen" video to bring it back to front.

This is not the issue with "keep taskbar in front of other windows", because it happens again.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Start bar in front of VLC fullscreen???

Postby VLC_help » 02 Sep 2009 20:44

So it doesn't stay on front full time? But it comes to there randomly?

Excalibur
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Excalibur » 03 Sep 2009 22:32

No. While watching movie it just popsup, as you say randomly. But sometimes it doesn't happen.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 05 Sep 2009 10:17

You have any way to replicate the start bar coming up behavior?

Excalibur
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Excalibur » 07 Sep 2009 00:21

Apparently no. :cry:

But today, and again I cannot replicate the situation 'cause I tried again and again, in fullscreen when I right-clicked video for additional stuff, start bar poped up. I tried that several times, but soon as I switched to windowed screen, and back to fullscreen, problem disappeared. Something triggers this behaviour, and I think you know about this issue, as much as I do. :mrgreen:

I don't wan't to open another topic, but can you help me to change fullscreen controls into not being transparent? I cannot find that option anywhere. I think I saw it somewhere, but can't find it nor remember it where.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 07 Sep 2009 13:58

You aren't the only one who has reported the random start bar appearing issue, but it seems to be hard to replicate it.

For transparency, Tools -> Preferences... (Show settings: All) Interfaces -> Main interfaces -> Qt and Fullscreen contoller opacity

Excalibur
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Excalibur » 08 Sep 2009 21:20

I replicated it by fastforwarding video, by keyboard shortcuts. Here is the image of popup:

And thnx about the transparency.

Edit: There is no Fullscreen contoller opacity option here, only windows opacity that makes whole player transparent.

seboyd2000
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: latest
Operating System: winXP

Postby seboyd2000 » 08 Sep 2009 23:26

hello

I'm running 1.0.1

I did a search on my question, and got a lot of forum posts to search through, but I couldnt find the answer that I was looking for

I want to know the shortcut for opening the console view into fullscreen, not the f11 ( fullscreen ) view, which has a windoes frame around it.

What I want is a shortcut to view my movie in a fullscreen without the windows frame around it... and I believe that is called the console view

can someone help me please.

I tried to find a HELP topic on this issue for the breakdown of (shortcut keys) & even looked in the vlans top menu, which does show the f11 fullscreen, but nothing to make the console fullscreen

thanks

doomonyou
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby doomonyou » 09 Sep 2009 00:33

I have the same issue. The taskbar just shows up randomly when watching videos (generally longer vids)

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 09 Sep 2009 12:53

Excalibur: transparency option is only in 1.0.1 and newer

seboyd2000: don't hijack threads.

Excalibur
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Excalibur » 09 Sep 2009 15:54

Oh, man thnx.
I didn't saw that it was 1.0.0 version, I thought I had 1.0.1 installed, but I remember that I removed it, because of popup problem. And I was testing 1.0.0 if suffers with the same issue.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”