upgraded to 1.0.1 now album art doesn't work

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
davea0511
New Cone
New Cone

upgraded to 1.0.1 now album art doesn't work

Postby davea0511 » 15 Aug 2009 21:38

I've tried all three policies in the preference settings (under playlist settings), nothing works. It only appears on the playlist, but NOT the player. What's worse ... I spent an hour downloading them in the playlist (rightclick in the artwork space for each selected playlist item). Closed VLC, reopened it and NONE of the art was remembered.

:(

Also ... seems like there should be a selectable option on the main menu under "Audio" then "Visualizations" that says "album art".

davea0511
New Cone
New Cone

Re: upgraded to 1.0.1 now album art doesn't work

Postby davea0511 » 15 Aug 2009 22:12

More info ... it seems the policy "when track starts playing" is the only one worth using. If you use the other two policies seem to depend on you manually adding the art (as mentioned above), but doesn't save the artwork so what's the point? With the "when track starts playing" policy you don't get artwork when not connected to the internet, which is bad. In fact since it doesn't save the downloaded artwork it seems that unless you're connected there's no way to get the artwork when a song plays.

And, it still only shows up in the playlist which is the big stinker. I guess that wouldn't be so bad except the playlist only shows about a square inch of artwork. Previously before I upgraded to 1.0.1 it would show a large artwork image in the player.

I think that the QT or skinnable interfaces don't allow artwork to be shown in either the player or playlist ... at least I've never been successful at that which imho kind of defeats the entire reason to skin the thing if you're going to loose one of the best benefits of the player: the ability to show the artwork realtime.

davea0511
New Cone
New Cone

Re: upgraded to 1.0.1 now album art doesn't work

Postby davea0511 » 15 Aug 2009 22:17

D'oh ... it seems if you select "minimal view" under "View" in the toolbar it shows the artwork.

Like I said ... seems like this should be under "Audio" "visualizations". "minimal view" should do the opposite, showing only the controls.

At least I figured out how to do it now. Gee whiz.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”