clear media library

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
cybmole
Cone that earned his stripes

clear media library

Postby cybmole » 26 Jul 2009 06:35

i added a large directory of files to VLC media library & now want to remove them. seems I can only delete them one file at a time which will take forever

is there any wat to clear the media library & start over, or to remove an entire directory.

I notice also, that unlike WMP, media library does not seem to notice when files have been removed or renamed on the had drive so it gets cluttered with invalid entries, is there any way to gorce a recan - like libary-F3 in WMP ?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: clear media library

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 26 Jul 2009 11:52

Ctrl+A, suppr
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

cybmole

Re: clear media library

Postby cybmole » 26 Jul 2009 12:25

Ctrl+A, suppr
Hmm _ I went to try that but after an overnight shutdown all my media library entries had vanished anyway - that's not supposed to happen is it ?

But you've given me enough of a clue: I put some files back in there & I see that CTRL+A does a "select all" and DEL key then removes all. or that I can select a range of files by holding shift as I select start & end of range, then DEL key does the rest.
My mistake was using right click to get delete on menu, rather than using DEL key

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”