Volume not saved on next program start

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
BruceLeet
New Cone
New Cone

Volume not saved on next program start

Postby BruceLeet » 14 Jul 2009 03:51

Hello,

I have two small issues with the current release 1.0.0 of VLC. I am running Windows Vista x64 with SP2 installed.

First one is that each time I restart the media player, volume is set to 100%. This happens although I checked the setting to remember volume settings on application exit (http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?imag ... _439lo.jpg - it's german language, but you can see the option is checked at least). On earlier version of VLC I had no problems with this. I've already tried to reset my settings via options menu with no success.

The second issue is related to the audio equalizer. If I enable the equalizer and change some sliders there, these settings aren't saved either. On next program start all sliders are changed to the corresponding preset. I can't even disable the audio equalizer anymore. Each time I uncheck the box "Activate" and load a new video/sound file or restart the player, it is enabled again.

I would like to know if somebody can confirm this behaviour. Maybe it's a single problem on my computer.

Thanks!

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Volume not saved on next program start

Postby VLC_help » 14 Jul 2009 14:01

The second issue is related to the audio equalizer. If I enable the equalizer and change some sliders there, these settings aren't saved either. On next program start all sliders are changed to the corresponding preset.
Known issue.
Each time I uncheck the box "Activate" and load a new video/sound file or restart the player, it is enabled again.
Removing %appdata%\vlc folder should help.
First one is that each time I restart the media player, volume is set to 100%.
Thanks. I can replicate this, trac ticket opened
https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2968

BruceLeet
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Volume not saved on next program start

Postby BruceLeet » 15 Jul 2009 00:13

Each time I uncheck the box "Activate" and load a new video/sound file or restart the player, it is enabled again.
Removing %appdata%\vlc folder should help.
Thanks, this helped.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”