Youtube

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
ethan_hines
New Cone
New Cone

Youtube

Postby ethan_hines » 19 Jun 2009 19:03

I want to use VLC to play Youtube Videos, I think it has something to do with lua but I don't know what lua is or how to use it and information in the wiki isn't clear. Can you Help? Thanks

Guppy49
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Youtube

Postby Guppy49 » 19 Jun 2009 19:11

There is nothing special to do - search for the video you want to view, copy the link showing on the right side in the part called "URL".
If you use one of the 1.?.? versions you can paste directly using CTRL+V or you can manually write or paste from menu Medie > Open Network Stream....
Example of URL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swPY8P1VGzM

ethan_hines
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ethan_hines » 19 Jun 2009 19:51

Is there anyway I can have VLC automatically play FLVs embedded in a webpage (ie Youtube)? The reason I ask is I like the ability to manipulate the video controls such as brightness and contrast and the native flv player in youtube does not have these controls.

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Postby Arite » 19 Jun 2009 22:12

AFAIK you cannot change brightness/contrast when embedded in a webpage as described here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=54753#p180878

You can embed VLC into the browser though, however if you just want to be able to playback YouTube videos you could just paste the YouTube URL into VLC itself (format: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIDEO_ID where VIDEO_ID is the ID).

Alternatively if you have a working VLC embed on a webpage, you might be able to copy and paste the actual FLV video link (get_video one - can find with e.g. FlashGot plugin or Easy YouTube Video Downloader or Keepvid.com) into the MRL field.

Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”