french documentation: How-to 0.9

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
vilaincoq
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

french documentation: How-to 0.9

Postby vilaincoq » 11 Jun 2009 17:51

i would like to know if someone has the french-version of vlc documentation how-to 0.9 in pdf for example.(full version) does it exist ? do you think that i can find one in canada and from whitch adress ? (full version)

Guppy49
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: french documentation: How-to 0.9

Postby Guppy49 » 11 Jun 2009 23:36

What about simply setting the language to French and then click the Help = Aide menu at the right side of the menu bar ?
To set language to French - Tools>Options>Interface>Language (dropdown at the right side of the dialog - scroll down to 'Français').
See also these two screenshots:
http://dl.free.fr/leZdTPZH5
http://dl.free.fr/ogTj612Yl

vilaincoq
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby vilaincoq » 12 Jun 2009 04:17

dear GUPPY
it is a misunderstanding : i am speaking about documentation 'how-to user'sguide 0.9.9' and not about language version of 'using vlc in a native language'.

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Postby Arite » 12 Jun 2009 14:28

I'm not sure if their is are up-to-date French docs, however you can find French versions of the older docs here:
http://www.videolan.org/doc/

The VLC Play Howto (Fr) PDF:
http://www.videolan.org/doc/play-howto/ ... wto-fr.pdf

Agreed it might not be what you are looking for, however most of the information regarding the older interface can be used in understanding the newer interface etc.

Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 12 Jun 2009 14:39

AFAIK there isn't such guide.

vilaincoq
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby vilaincoq » 12 Jun 2009 15:11

thank you for your usefull help : pdf does not work (breaken links).
i have downloaded rtf and text and i hope understand a little.
i do not know the word afaik , sorry.
we have difficulties, as french persons, to choose the right options and to be able to use vlc (a swf problem and maybe a skin problem -blista : large screen).
i apologise for my poor english.
1.O version is not work whith windows xp, and bugs are still presents so :
why vlc has not a 'default preset' only for a simple use : to read the files ? (all the files).
whith this one choice and the os 's choise, it should be a pleasure to be an stranger's user.
really sorry for the MP, i thought it was allowed.(topic: unable to read/install vlc -yesterday-).
Thank you for your answers.

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Arite » 12 Jun 2009 15:49

thank you for your usefull help : pdf does not work (breaken links).
Wroks here - the PDF in a ZIP file:
http://www.videolan.org/doc/play-howto/ ... fr.pdf.zip
i do not know the word afaik , sorry.
AFAIK = As far as I know.
why vlc has not a 'default preset' only for a simple use : to read the files ? (all the files).
How do you mean? To just open a file go to "Media >> Open File..." (or the French equivalent). If you want to view all file, not just media file, select "All Files" from the drop-down box when browsing for a file.

Arite.

vilaincoq
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby vilaincoq » 12 Jun 2009 16:20

dear sir arite,
thank you for the pdf link, it's working.
i have learned a lot in few hours so i cannot be angry in front of that it seems to be a little mistake :
first, i must thank you for your nice explications, now that it is done i can become again serious few seconds ...
i mean that vlc has a lot, and too much, options and choices; because all that we ask him, is to read files and not
to decide in what way, and how, and for this os, and for this purpose, and from commanline or not.
All these possibilties are not so easy to use it and to take fun whith (of course, as french-person, it can be impossible
to really understand the reason why someone has created this 'thing' whith twenty fingers and four hands ! ).
My others players are only player, simple, efficient and short .
so a light version, should be nice.
It is only that i meant.
Anyway, it is really pleasant to know what can do the cone.
whish you a nice journey, so long...

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Arite » 12 Jun 2009 16:46

All these possibilties are not so easy to use it and to take fun whith (of course, as french-person, it can be impossible
to really understand the reason why someone has created this 'thing' whith twenty fingers and four hands ! ).
My others players are only player, simple, efficient and short .
so a light version, should be nice.
OK, well there is no light version of VLC. You can hide the menus by switching into "Minimal View" (Ctrl+H - press it again to go back the normal view), where you can just drag-and-drop files onto it (right-click brings up menu too).

Agreed there are a lot of options and features, but you don't need to use all of them - if you just want to use it to play videos, learn the necessary bit to do that use it for that purpose.

Arite.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”