VLC 1.0.0-rc1 builds for Windows

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

VLC 1.0.0-rc1 builds for Windows

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 13 May 2009 10:25

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

skythra
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC 1.0.0-rc1builds for Windows

Postby skythra » 14 May 2009 00:44

For Chrome users who get the error:

Code: Select all

"This webpage is not available. The webpage at ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-1.0.0-rc1/win32/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."
Instead http://download.videolan.org/pub/testin ... rc1/win32/ works for whatever reason.

stevedee3
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 1.1.3
Operating System: Windows 2000

Re: VLC 1.0.0-rc1 builds for Windows

Postby stevedee3 » 14 May 2009 14:33

Have fun testing!
When I load an MPEG2 TS file (DVB-T recording) it plays OK. But if I click on the time slider VLC often exits immediately. Next time I run it I am prompted
VLC media player just crashed. Do you want to send a bug report to the developers team?
  1. What further information is required?
  2. Where do the bug reports go?
Thanks.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 14 May 2009 15:22

Can you share the sample?
The bug reports goes on our server.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Kurious
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Kurious » 14 May 2009 16:16

Alright, I did some testing and here are some bugs:

1. Extended Settings don't show up in any way.
EDIT: I tried it just now and it works! Perhaps it didn't work before because it was the first run?

2. "Jump to Specific Time" -- Ctrl-T doesn't always work; and when opening the "Jump to Specific Time" window with either keyboard or mouse it seems to never automatically get the focus so I have to always use the mouse even when Ctrl-T works.

3. I'd like to talk a bit about the Time Slider.
...a. If I drag the Time Slider beyond limits, it stops playing immediately. It would be nice if it only stopped playing when I release the mouse button with the Time Slider at the end. Furthermore, in this version, if I drag the Time Slider beyond limits, then the next time I play the Time Slider will automatically follow the mouse as if VLC remembers that the mouse button is held down even when it isn't.
...b. While dragging the Time Slider, it displays "Buf 100%", obscuring the time display. It would be nice if it displayed "Buf 100%" elsewhere so I can see to which point in time am I sliding to.
...c. Pointing to the Time Slider without clicking shows a pop-up displaying the current time, but clicking on it does not always go to the displayed time, sometimes it goes a few seconds earlier or further, depending on whether pointing towards the beginning or the end.
...d. The Slower/Faster buttons could be close together, side by side, instead of so far apart.

4. When choosing a deinterlace mode, it resets back to "Disable" once play stops. Is it possible to make it so that VLC remembers the deinterlace mode selected even if it is closed? (It seems that the deinterlace mode selected under Preferences gets ignored?) Furthermore, is it possible to change the deinterlace mode even when there is nothing playing? The same applies to other mode options, such as Zoom's.

5. When clicking Start on Convert, and sometimes Cancel on Convert, the main window disappears into the background. It would be nice to bring the main window to the foreground, even when other windows were used while the Convert window was open.

6. The Recent Media menu sometimes shows the same entry twice -- once using / and once using \ in the path.

7. Advanced Open File --> Disc --> Some controls are partially obscured on the right-hand side.

8. "Check for updates..." -- I'd like to suggest that you can ask the user whether they want to update to beta's/rc's or not.

stevedee3
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stevedee3 » 14 May 2009 16:55

Can you share the sample?
I'm not sure if I can. Files are typically several Gb and I have a 64 kb/s internet uplink :( Sorry

It seems to happen with every TS file. If I let the file play without clicking the time slider there is no crash.

An easy way to create an example file is to use the "Record" feature of VLC to record a DVB-T stream.

Thanks.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 14 May 2009 18:03

When I load an MPEG2 TS file (DVB-T recording) it plays OK. But if I click on the time slider VLC often exits immediately.
Yes, confirmed.
One click might be OK but several clicks on the time slider often end up to an instant crash.

c. Pointing to the Time Slider without clicking shows a pop-up displaying the current time, but clicking on it does not always go to the displayed time, sometimes it goes a few seconds earlier or further, depending on whether pointing towards the beginning or the end.
Confirmed, same here.

foz
New Cone
New Cone

Postby foz » 14 May 2009 22:10

One thing I noticed, when you play a DVD, and the aspect ratio changes (lets say, a widescreen menu, and 4:3 bonus material), VLC doesn't resize itself to the video content, leaving black bars on the side. Since I have it set

Jeremiah
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Jeremiah » 15 May 2009 02:25

VLC-1.0.0-RC is good.

i compile it in cygwin. and no more errors compiled vlc-0.9.*.

and "vlc hardware yuv overlay directx output" window is contained in the main window not like vlc-0.9.*.

all good!

kdd
New Cone
New Cone

Postby kdd » 15 May 2009 08:26

in version 0.92 when i open a video folder it played the video. now it plays each vob file and not "the movie". i think this may be a bug.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 15 May 2009 12:06

in version 0.92 when i open a video folder it played the video. now it plays each vob file and not "the movie". i think this may be a bug.
Don't hijack thread.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf

stevedee3
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stevedee3 » 15 May 2009 14:13

Have fun testing!
I've noticed a nice new feature that I don't remember seeing on earlier versions:
When playing live DVB-T, the bottom right corner of the VLC window shows the elapsed time and total time of the current program, e.g. "1:20:53/1:30:00" when you're near the end of a 90 minute TV show. :)

But the counter resets to "00:00/00:00" after about five seconds and stays that way. This happens on all 5 Australian broadcast networks. Pressing the "stop" button and then the "play" button temporarily restores the counter. :(

stevedee3
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stevedee3 » 15 May 2009 14:19

Have fun testing!
(This is not a new bug - it was in previous versions as well)
The "Crop one pixel..." hotkeys don't work if deinterlacing is turned on. They do work if deinterlacing is disabled.

stevedee3
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stevedee3 » 15 May 2009 15:45

Have fun testing!
Timeshifting (pause/resume)of live DVB-T seems to work quite well :D
The "Record" feature works quite well :), although it records the entire transport stream :(

focse
New Cone
New Cone

Postby focse » 16 May 2009 08:33

Is there any possible way to build vlc 1.0.0 rc for windows CE now?

cosine
New Cone
New Cone

Postby cosine » 16 May 2009 08:58

I can no longer get the HTTP interface to work, it worked great on 0.9.9, upgraded to 1.0RC and now get '403 Forbidden' no matter what I have the HTTP settings set to.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 16 May 2009 10:41

Is there any possible way to build vlc 1.0.0 rc for windows CE now?
ask on IRC.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 16 May 2009 10:41

I can no longer get the HTTP interface to work, it worked great on 0.9.9, upgraded to 1.0RC and now get '403 Forbidden' no matter what I have the HTTP settings set to.
Fill a bug on trac.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf

ddarko
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ddarko » 17 May 2009 17:36

The control bar in full screen mode disappears if a video file plays out to the end and another is started without quitting VLC. To reproduce the bug:

(1) play a video in full screen mode. The control bar is accessible at the bottom;

(2) play video until the end and VLC automatically drops out of full screen mode;

(3) play same or new video file in full screen mode WITHOUT quitting from VLC player first;

(4) control bar is not accessible at the bottom of screen.

Sometimes, the control bar does appear with the second video file. But if you drop out of full screen mode and start a third video file in windowed mode, then go to full screen, almost 100% of the time, the control bar won't appear.

You can restore access to the control bar by fully exiting VLC player between the video files but it should not be necessary.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 18 May 2009 01:17

Fill a bug.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf

Undeath
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Undeath » 18 May 2009 09:37

I just want to say that after some minutes using this RC the MXF seeking is still broken. I tested MXF with DV and MPG2 and none work.

tunczyk
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 1.099
Operating System: Windows

Postby tunczyk » 22 May 2009 14:38

My english is bad :( Version 1.0.0.99 work quite well, larger errors are not noticed. Only what I'm missing to prevent the translation as in the attached image:Image
This will improve with time :) | :) | :)
I love GNU when his adventure began with Open Source. My web: http://www.centrumadrenaliny.pl

IdontAgree
New Cone
New Cone

Postby IdontAgree » 09 Jun 2009 15:09

https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2590
Still this has not been fixed.
There is posts going back to 2008.
The new Youtube FLV when you download youtube vids it stutters in video playback its shaky.
I need to use 1 because of the other issues but this is still not working.
I tried setting H.264 loop to all it doesn't change it.

stevedee3
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stevedee3 » 09 Jun 2009 16:31

When I load an MPEG2 TS file (DVB-T recording) it plays OK. But if I click on the time slider VLC often exits immediately. Next time I run it I am prompted
VLC media player just crashed. Do you want to send a bug report to the developers team?
This still occurs on 1.0.0rc3 :(

TristanDee
New Cone
New Cone

Postby TristanDee » 12 Jun 2009 12:35

Read the posts but didn't find any on the problem I'm seeing with this RC.

Clicking the SeekBar or VolumeControl brings Windows Taskbar to the foreground sending VLC control bar to the background. This has happened on several machines I've installed VLC on. Any ideas?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”