Need to upload version 0.8.6

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
spicoli15
New Cone
New Cone

Postby spicoli15 » 20 Apr 2009 15:32

I need the version that has the "File" tab on it so that I can use the "Wizard" in order to change my fiole extensions. Not sure why the newer version does not have this feature. When I go on the VLC site there is a listing of past versions but not a link in order to download them. If I could get a direct link for the versions for Windows that would help me out a great deal.

Question: Is there a way to get to the "Wizard" application on the newer versions in order to change file extensions? On the older version you hit "File" and then wizard... on the newer versions there is no "File" tab. I have to change these Panasonic camcorder .mod extensions into .mpg format.

Thanks,

Steve

Excalibur
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Need to upload version 0.8.6

Postby Excalibur » 20 Apr 2009 16:45

XP users:
File extension in 0.9.9 can be changed in Tools/preferences - Interface option and on the right you have association setup option.
If VLC doesn't have association file .mod (and I think it doesn't for Video, only in Audio), right click .mod file go to open or open with/choose program select VLC, and check "always use selected program to open this kind of file", then click OK.

If you do not have VLC on the list (open/choose program), go to browse/program files/VideoLan/VLC/ double click VLC.exe, and as above, check "always use selected program to open this kind of file", and click OK.

spicoli15
New Cone
New Cone

Postby spicoli15 » 20 Apr 2009 17:31

ok i will try that... but is there a direct link if I would rather upload the 0.8.6 version? thanks

Excalibur
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Excalibur » 21 Apr 2009 01:46

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”