My VLC gets stuck in fullscreen.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
MJR
New Cone
New Cone

My VLC gets stuck in fullscreen.

Postby MJR » 15 Feb 2009 20:47

Hi, people. So here's the deal. When I play a video in my VLC Player, it goes fullscreen. Then, my computer won't let me do anything until the video is done- I can't minimize VLC, put it in small screen, stop the video, restart the computer, or do anything else. It just plays the video and no matter how many times I hit the Esc. key or any other key and no matter how many times I click and right-click the mouse, nothing happens.

Prior to this occurrence, I was trying to manage my processes- which ones start automatically at startup, etc. Perhaps I messed up and deleted or disabled a process that I should not have.

Also, this thing does not happen with Windows Media Player. That will go from fullscreen to small screen just fine. Also, I tried reinstalling VLC- didn't change a thing. Still got the problem.

What can I do??? Aaaaauuuugggghhh! Thanks for your help, people.

Cheers,

Matt

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: My VLC gets stuck in fullscreen.

Postby VLC_help » 16 Feb 2009 11:19

jmuzz
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jmuzz » 21 Aug 2012 21:32

I had this problem too. I fixed it by deleting my %appdata%/vlc folder

Neuk2015
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.2.1
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby Neuk2015 » 22 Aug 2017 11:15

When I key this in I'm brought to the useless and time wasting microsoft edge browser. I've had vlc for years and this is making it impossible to use. I have to toggle all the screens, close vlc to get it to stop playing. I have read all the tutorials, I have done exactly what they said to do. Nothing has changed it. I'm on the point of going back to windows media player if I can't find a solution to this. Life is too short and this is a fixable problem. %appdata%/vlc

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”