Problem in C# using VLC

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
hailang525
New Cone
New Cone

Problem in C# using VLC

Postby hailang525 » 15 Oct 2008 03:54

Hello, everyone.
I met some problems when I use C# in Visual Studio. I add the VLC-activeX(AXVLC.DLL) control to C# problem to use VLC play video.
Firstly, I made a C/S struture. At client , I send commands to sever and make server play video.
I use the function addtarget(string,option,...) to add file path , and then play(), It can play, but it always remember the contest last time I sent and then play this time which I sent the command. I have use playclearlist() to remove list, but it still remember the video last time before. I really don not know why.

Secondly, I add VLC screen into C# windows application form, it can play at a form which I create. But it played a few seconds and then show the blue screen, my computer completely died....

I am really appreciated someone can help me.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Problem in C# using VLC

Postby VLC_help » 15 Oct 2008 14:39

Blue Screen of Death is cause by faulty device drivers or faulty hardware. Please check up the error the BSOD gives you. It usually gives you some hints about the problem.
EDIT:
You use ActiveX component from which VLC version?

hailang525
New Cone
New Cone

Postby hailang525 » 15 Oct 2008 17:29

Thank you for your reply. ^_^ It show some dump occupied the memory, and computer wull restart. how to fix this problem? I don't dare to run the program again, because it made my computer appeared much error. For example, I can not open a PPT document even word, read USB much slower and so on.

Yeah, I use the VLC verison that contain the activeX( the file is axvlc.dll) and add it to C# program

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 16 Oct 2008 16:05

http://www.tunexp.com/tips/maintain_you ... to-reboot/
disable BSOD autorestart.

I mean do you use VLC 0.8.6 or VLC 0.9.4 (or some other version) ActiveX component.

hailang525
New Cone
New Cone

Postby hailang525 » 20 Oct 2008 02:05

I used VLC.0.9.4 version. actually, I do not need vlc version, just copy axvlc.dll file to my project file and reference it. So that I can play video when I can my program in C#. I just want to know how to erase the video that last time I asked to play. I have use clearplaylist() method but still no use. Is everybody know that?? I am really appreciated

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 20 Oct 2008 15:48

So you want to erase current playlist so you can start new one?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”