Need Help Compiling

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
wgshiver
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Need Help Compiling

Postby wgshiver » 11 Jun 2008 14:42

So I have been trying to compile VLC for 2 weeks. I have gotten it to compile a couple of times but the software keeps giving errors. I can deal with some of the errors those dont bother me too bad. The problem that I am having is getting it to compile with the ActiveX included. Some of the source code I get compiles with it while others include the activeX but it does not include it in the compile. I figure maybe there is a flag or something that I am missing in my configure script. I am compiling with Cygwin on a Windows Vista platform. I have also tried doing this on Ubuntu but was not successful at getting a win32 compiler on Linux.

So what I need is someone to please tell me what flags need to be set to get ActiveX to configure with the VLC platform or if someone could point me to some source code that has already been configured for ActiveX. That would be awesome. I am completely new to the VLC software and I am trying to learn everything I can. I have read a lot of documentation and it is very possible that I missed something.

I know that ActiveX questions belong in the Web and Scripting section but since I am trying to compile the software with ActiveX I figured it would be a better fit in here.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Need Help Compiling

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 11 Jun 2008 17:23

--enable-activex
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”