Shut down computer after playback - solution inside

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Wave
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: Windows

Shut down computer after playback - solution inside

Postby Wave » 05 May 2008 12:07

VLC Shutdown 0.1alpha

As far as I am able to tell there is no simple solution to automatically shut down your computer after VLC has stopped playing.

That's why I created this simple AutoIT script to check the status bar of the main VLC window and start a 20 second shutdown-timer once playback has ended. I plan to add additional features like hibernation, standby, a timer (for streams) etc. as soon as I find the time.

In the meantime, grab the sourcecode and the executable here and tell me what you think.

Comments, improvements, suggestions (and bug reports :shock:) are of course very welcome.

~Wave

ac1dslayer
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Shut down computer after playback - solution inside

Postby ac1dslayer » 11 Mar 2009 15:49

The shutdown problem seems to be something that is everlasting... well evan lim devised a shutdown script in autohotkey that allows vlc to shutdown after 15 min of inactivity and then enter sleep mode on the monitor. i've tweaked the script a little to get it to work for my personal system and to avoid coding a title reader for vlc :P I will not put up a compiled copy since ahk has the false positive situation. To compile this install ahk, right click on desktop make new ahk file, copy paste code below, create a batchfile C:\myprograms\monitorsleep\sleepzor.bat make sure all of the folders are exactly how they should be named. A possible update might be in order depending on my own lazyness haha hope this helps out :D * updated script

ahk code All credit goes to Evan Lim

Code: Select all

#Persistent settimer, check, 60000 check: if (A_Hour >= 4) and (A_hour <= 5) { SendMessage, 0x112, 0xF170, 1,, Program Manager } ; function will only works within 2-5am if (A_Hour >= 2) and (A_hour <= 3) { ; if no interaction with computer for more than 15 mins 900000 20 min 1200000 if A_TimeIdlePhysical > 2100000 { MsgBox, 0, This MsgBox will time out in 10 seconds, Press OK to prevent screen turning off., 10 IfMsgBox OK return Run, sleepzor.bat, C:\myprograms\monitorsleep sleep, 50000 SendMessage, 0x112, 0xF170, 1,, Program Manager settimer, check, off settimer, check2, 120000 } } return check2: if A_TimeIdlePhysical < 60000 { settimer, check, 60000 settimer, check2, off } return

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”