Problem with Deinterlace and Crop

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
DaSilva
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Problem with Deinterlace and Crop

Postby DaSilva » 07 Dec 2007 14:07

I want to activate the both filter features "Deinterlace" (with Bob = the best?) and "Crop" (automatically) but it doesn't work.
I have set Deinterlace to Bob and Crop to automatically crop and all three checks on the main filter page are activated (crop:deinterlace is written in the text box) but deinterlace is still deactivated when a movie plays.
Right click in the movie -> Deinterlace -> Deactivated is still tagged. A manual click on Bob freezes the movie for a short time and after that Deactivated is still tagged!
Automatically crop feature does nothing, too.
Please help me. Iam using VLC 0.8.6c running on Windows Vista Ultimate.
Thanks

MediaMonkey
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Problem with Deinterlace and Crop

Postby MediaMonkey » 04 Jan 2008 19:15

I had the same problem, but appear to have found a solution:

The crop filter must be applied *after* the deinterlace filter. Using the check-boxes causes the crop filter to be applied first.

Instead, enter "deinterlace:crop" in the video filter module box (where using the check boxes results in "crop:deinterlace" in the box).

As a final note, I am using VLC 0.8.6c on OS X 10.3.9, so I believe it is not a platform specific problem.

Hope it works for you!

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”