Desktop Screen Capturing

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
peelee33
New Cone
New Cone

Desktop Screen Capturing

Postby peelee33 » 30 Nov 2007 06:56

Question, is there a way to capture only a portion of the screen? I only want to capture a very small portion of the screen, and I want to get at least 20fps.

I've been googling and searching the forums, I found you can capture the desktop screen using something like:

Code: Select all

vlc.exe screen:
The problem is that is capturing the entire desktop which is very slooow. Is there only a way to capture, say 300x200 portion of the screen? I don't want to use a transcode+crop since that doesn't produce the fps I want.

Please help.
Thanks

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Desktop Screen Capturing

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 30 Nov 2007 09:47

Question, is there a way to capture only a portion of the screen? I only want to capture a very small portion of the screen, and I want to get at least 20fps.

I've been googling and searching the forums, I found you can capture the desktop screen using something like:

Code: Select all

vlc.exe screen:
The problem is that is capturing the entire desktop which is very slooow. Is there only a way to capture, say 300x200 portion of the screen? I don't want to use a transcode+crop since that doesn't produce the fps I want.

Please help.
Thanks
Not really! Code it !
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

DanielSmith
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Desktop Screen Capturing

Postby DanielSmith » 17 Jan 2008 07:53

actually, i have used kind of screen capture tools like ACA capture pro to deal with such stuff, and you can have a try.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”