Problem Streaming from DreamBox to PC

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
superarex
New Cone
New Cone

Problem Streaming from DreamBox to PC

Postby superarex » 26 Nov 2007 16:08

I have installed VLC 0.8.6 with the intention of being able to watch the TV Channel selected from the DreamBox 7020 on my PC.

The problem that I am experiencing is that:
1. before the VLC starts to display a blank video takes between 1 to 2 minutes;
2. once the blank screen is displayed takes an other minute before first image is displayed and then the images are updated every 30 to 40 seconds;
3. the sound does not really exists

If I look at the statistics of the streamining, I can see that the data are received at a constant rate and once the first image is displayed, I can see that the displayed images under the Video Statistics is reporting at least a 25 frames/sec; so, I have the impression that the transfer and the video decoding is OK but the actual frames are not displayed on the screen.

The network connection that I am using is a direct between the DreamBox and the PC without any router in the middle or switch. Clearly, the link is OK since I can ping the DreamBox, I can access its web based interface and I can receive the streaming as described above.

I would like to know what else I may miss in the configuration; any suggestion and help is very welcome.

Thanks a regards,

superarex

P.S.: the same problem is also with VLC 0.8.5

Teta
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 0.8.6c
Operating System: Windows

Re: Problem Streaming from DreamBox to PC

Postby Teta » 04 Dec 2007 16:04

Try using the latest version of VLC (0.8.6d at this time).

Are you using the VLC button in the Dreambox web interface to launch VLC?
Are you using the original Enigma OS on the Dreambox?
If both are yes, then it should work.

If you are trying to type the URI to the dreambox manually in VLC, it will not work because the URI changes each time you change the channel on the Dreambox. This is an example: http://192.168.0.1:31339/0,1023,0131,0132,0083 The last part is information about the channel id, video stream id, audio stream id, subtitles, etc... So pointing your VLC to http://192.168.0.1:31339 will not work.

If you want to automate this process of entering the URI in VLC, then you should use a little application like wget to get the video.m3u file from the Dreambox and feed that into VLC. Works for me :)

I hope this helps,

Teta
I break for giant cyber-hamsters.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”