Thank you for VLC

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Nightwalker
New Cone
New Cone

Thank you for VLC

Postby Nightwalker » 22 Nov 2007 21:32

I just came by to say Thank you greatly to all those who have developed and helped VLC Media Player.

As just a normal user, I think VLC is superb, my personal opinions on why VLC Player is superb...

Its great, lightweight, versatile, convenient and always seems to work! I have found it great for playing damaged or corrupt videos where other media players will not do the job. I find its hotkeys easy and useful. I find its versatility in playing so many different formats outstanding, I have been on many platforms, different windows & linux distros and had many media players, codecs and applications fail me with media, but oh no, not VLC, always works.

Just a couple of weeks ago, Im supporting a school network, 300 systems on a windows network, helping a teacher to get a DVD working for a presentation for 30 students, two different media players fail me that are installed on the system. The system is old and slow and I dont want to restart to install new packages or do any hefty that would tie up the system for a further 10mins, so I right click on the file, open-with and then I find the VLC player over the network on my remote system, select it and it worked superb, not even installing it but executing the VLC application over the network remotely using the app and playing the DVD superbly where others failed, how versatile is that! :D

Great work all, Thank You.

Nightwalker
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Thank you for VLC

Postby Nightwalker » 22 Nov 2007 21:44

Oh and I forgot the other reason why I came to show my thanks to VLC!... Up until now I used VLC purely for video, all types but just video.

Now I've discovered the brilliant, simple but effective playlist its now my number one music player aswell! I have looong been annoyed with music players, in regards to there not being one clear leader in the music player realm, but now I find my favourite app does all that too. Just superb.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 25 Nov 2007 02:13

You're welcome. :D Alright CloudStalker can not take credit for what CloudStalker did not do. :P Have you seen the upcoming version? If you're interested in what the next version has to offer and maybe even want to help by pointing out bug and suggesting features and blah blah blah then check out the nightly builds.

Nightwalker
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Nightwalker » 25 Nov 2007 12:05

Thanks for that CloudStalker, I'll check them out and use them in my VM. :D

Teta
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 0.8.6c
Operating System: Windows

Postby Teta » 04 Dec 2007 16:06

Just wanted to add my thanks!

This is a great media player and I hardly use anything else anymore.

THANK YOU,

Teta
I break for giant cyber-hamsters.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”