Forcing ReClock audio renderer to be used in VLC

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Monsu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Forcing ReClock audio renderer to be used in VLC

Postby Monsu » 30 Oct 2007 13:54

Hi,

I've now read many threads considering various jitter issues. DJ has reported that he has managed to get ReClock-filter working with VLC.
Care to ellaborate this a bit? What measures need to be taken in order that ReClock indeed starts and is visible in the sys tray with videos playing just in VLC?

I've read the ReClock's documentation thoroughly and I do understand the various issues concerning jitter with PC-videos.
I've set ReClock's config so that it should be always forced as the audio renderer. I've tried the directsound output and the waveout output both in VLC and ReClock. Still, it doesn't seem to use ReClock. At least it doesn't appear to the tray and no log-file is generated with the logging-option on from ReClock config.

So please, DJ, if you could share your experiences with getting the ReClock to work with VLC. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm quite familiar with various filter and/or player issues, so a highly technical response isn't a problem. I've also got the time and effort needed to get this working. If the solution requires compiling some custom changes to the VLC code, that isn't a problem either.

Looking forward to anything that might help! Thanks in advance.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Forcing ReClock audio renderer to be used in VLC

Postby VLC_help » 31 Oct 2007 16:15

Could you paste URL to this thread? Because I don't think it is possible.

Monsu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Monsu » 02 Nov 2007 09:45

Monsu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Monsu » 07 Nov 2007 08:52

Anyone?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”