Restart playing after pausing

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
cyberwizeguy
New Cone
New Cone

Restart playing after pausing

Postby cyberwizeguy » 19 Sep 2007 21:37

Could someone please help a newbie on how to get VLC to start playing again from the spot I paused it. The only way I can get it to start playing again is by restarting it from the beginning. I'll be half way thru a video and pause it to write something down and nothing happens when I click the play button again.
I have to keep starting from the beginning all over again every time I pause it.

help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richie

Twisted_Daemon
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
Operating System: Windows / Linux

Re: Restart playing after pausing

Postby Twisted_Daemon » 20 Sep 2007 11:23

Ok... That really shouldn't be happening in the first place.

I'd just download a different version of VLC where the play/pause function works. VLC 8.6 is a pretty stable one if you want to try that.
To fear death, is only to limit life.

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Re: Restart playing after pausing

Postby Arite » 20 Sep 2007 15:58

Twisted_Daemon is right, when you press the Play/Pause button (or Spacebar - the Keyboard hotkey for it), then the video should just pause at where it is. You should then just be able to press the Play/Puase button (or Spacebar) again in order for it to continue playing. The video may not pause instantly (so could miss a couple of seconds), however to skip back 3 seconds just use "Shift + Left Arrow" or, for 10 seconds, "Alt + Left Arrow".

If the above in not happening, and when you pause a video you end up having to starting from the beginning again (what you described), then does that occur for all video files, or just one specific one? If the later, then what is the container format and the codecs used in it?

Cheers, Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”