splitting and streaming in RTP elementary streams

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
yohann.martineau
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

splitting and streaming in RTP elementary streams

Postby yohann.martineau » 28 Aug 2007 12:13

hello, I'm using vlc 0.8.6c on windows xp SP2 (and I'm new to VLC)

I try to separate audio and video streams from a video file. My original file was a FLV file with mp3 audio codec and FLV1 video codec.

I tried to stream this file via RTP, but only the audio stream was getting out of my PC. (I'm using vlc as both streaming server and client player.)

I tried several conversions on the original file, and finally I found that a conversion to mpg container format with mpga audio codec and mpgv video codec was helpful. I made the same streaming procedure to send rtp, and then I was able to send and receive both audio and video. But I made a capture with wireshark, and I saw that both audio and video streams were sent on the same port (actually, in the same stream, a MPEG-II transport stream).

I would like to separate those streams on two ports. Is it possible ? I tried to separate those streams using es module. But no packet is getting out of my PC.

command line:

"c:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -vvv guitar.mpg --sout "#es{access=rtp,mux=ts,url_audio=192.168.1.211:1212,url_video=192.168.1.211:1213}"

here are logs (in messages window):

main error: cannot resolve stream-0-mpgv.ts port 1234 : Host or service not found
access_output_udp error: failed to open a connection (udp)
main error: cannot delete object (299, (null)) with children
stream_out_es error: no suitable sout access module for `rtp/ts://stream-0-mpgv.ts'
main error: cannot create packetizer output (mpgv)
main error: cannot resolve stream-0-mpga.ts port 1234 : Host or service not found
access_output_udp error: failed to open a connection (udp)
main error: cannot delete object (301, (null)) with children
stream_out_es error: no suitable sout access module for `rtp/ts://stream-0-mpga.ts'
main error: cannot create packetizer output (mpga)

I don't understand why port 1234 makes any problem as I specified ports 1212 and 1213...
That's the same for stream-0-mpgv.ts, I did not specified those files. Actually, before, I tried the extraction command line given in documentation with ps changed to ts:
"c:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -vvv guitar.mpg --sout "#es{access=file,mux=ts,url_audio=audio-%c.%m,url_video=video-%c.%m}"
and it gave me those files:
stream-0-mpgv.ts
stream-0-mpga.ts
but I don't think this is linked to the command I give to stream RTP.

Any help is welcome.
Thanks, you soft is great !

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”