Please help! My videos freeze for a second very often.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
spin1
New Cone
New Cone

Please help! My videos freeze for a second very often.

Postby spin1 » 14 Aug 2007 02:54

Hey guys... new to the board, sorry for such a stupid question but I've tried to trouble shoot this for a few months, and I figured hell, maybe someone can help me... maybe it is something simple.

All my videos (when I'm viewing dvdrs or whatever) freeze while I'm viewing them, I'd say maybe 30-40 times for a split second while I'm watching the movie... it's pretty annoying when you're trying to get into a movie.

What do I need to do? Has anyone ever experienced this problem?

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Re: Please help! My videos freeze for a second very often.

Postby CloudStalker » 14 Aug 2007 04:26

There are no stupid questions here, or are there? OK that was a stupid question, or was it? :? I guess there are some stupid questions, would you not agree? Don't answer that. :P

OK what was your problem? Oh yeah. Try updating your DirectX drivers then go into VLC media player and select Tools > Preferences > (tab) Video > (check the "Advanced options" box) choose "DirectX video output" from the drop-list, save and restart VLC media player.

Hopefully this will do something, or will it? Never mind that, go ahead and try it. :)

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”