DeIntelace and Enhanced GUI

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Loopman
New Cone
New Cone

DeIntelace and Enhanced GUI

Postby Loopman » 20 Jan 2007 01:58

hi, i love VLC, use it every day.... but i have a little problem:

for some videos i must activate deinterlacing... no problem, works fine.
sometime i use the enhanced gui and put the gamma a little bit higher, because some videos are very dark.... works fine too.

BUT from the moment i activate the enhanced gui, the deinterlace is not working anymore! cant activate it as long as the enhanced gui is active too....

is this correct or a bug. maybe someone can tell me, how i can use both features at the same time.

thanks.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 20 Jan 2007 11:18

In the past, cascading any number of filters was not a problem but I haven't tried this recently. Preferences even allows the order you want.

Tappen
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Tappen » 20 Jan 2007 19:41

Since Deinterlace was moved to the new style filter and the rest left as the old style they don't cascade properly any more. It's a programming problem. You can't Crop and Deinterlace either, for example.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 21 Jan 2007 07:16

Considering you are confirming the issue, you should write the trouble report on it.

It was my understanding that only the record filters were updated to the newer style and the play filters were complete.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”