10 minute delay

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
grimstoner
New Cone
New Cone

10 minute delay

Postby grimstoner » 16 Jan 2007 20:01

Hi

I installed VLC 0.8.6a for Windows today, and have successfully streamed a video file to another computer on my network. My aim however is to stream video from a video camera to http.

I currently set up so that the camera goes into my Winfast DV2000 via composite in. I am able to see the video feed from Winfast's included application.

Problem 1 : When I 'Open capture device' in VLC, VLC only displays the first frame of the video feed, then stays like that for 10 minutes, before the feed continues playing. When it continues, it doesn't display what happened 10 minutes ago though, it shows the current feed (which is delayed by about 1.5 seconds). This is done without transcoding. Which brings me to problem 2.

Problem 2 : When I activate transcoding in the above setup, I don't even see the first frame. The movie window doesn't open. Nothing.

I am running Windows XP SP2, on a AMD Athlon 3200 with 2 Gb of RAM. I have the DirectX SDK of August 2006 installed, which I think includes DirectX 9c.

Any ideas?

tonsofpcs
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby tonsofpcs » 19 Jan 2007 04:48

With problem #2, does it eventually show if you wait 10 or 15 minutes?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”