trouble playing .ts files

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
macchipazzi
New Cone
New Cone

trouble playing .ts files

Postby macchipazzi » 18 Dec 2006 18:16

specs: dell dimension 2400, pentium 4, 2.2ghz, 2gb ram, windows xp, nvidia geforce 6200 graphics card.

i have had trouble playing ts files for a very long time now, with every recommended media player. i would imagine vlc would be the best and easiest, but i still have trouble, even after upgrading my memory and graphics card. they play better and they're watchable if i really want to watch the movie on my own time, but they should play a lot better. i've seen people with worse specs than this playing ts files perfectly, i don't get it. they play choppy, the sound cuts out and gets unsynchronized. the only player that plays the sound synched is vlc, but it cuts out and plays choppy. my second choice would be media player classic, but this plays more choppy, and the sound gets horribly unsynchronized. any other player only plays worse.

also, i recently downloaded a movie that i can't watch at all, even if i wanted to watch it choppy. it plays with no sound and keeps skipping to different scenes with little transition blocks. these are the only ts files that do this. it plays normal in other players, but like i said i can't play ts files in any other player because it skips too much and the sound gets way off. how can i play these, and ts files in general, better? any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 18 Dec 2006 20:36

Try updating your sound card drivers. If this doesn't work try replacing the sound card.

Ludvig
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ludvig » 18 Dec 2006 23:39

I have a tip for you:play it with WMP ! I know it sounds nuts but I had exactly the same problem and it eventually played like a charm on WMP11.
:shock:

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 19 Dec 2006 07:04

MPEG TS is NOT natively supported in Windows (no source filter) also Windows has no native MPEG 2 decoder. I would also like to know where these are being down loaded as MPEG TS files (.ts .tp) are transport streams not commonly found on the web.

Ludvig
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ludvig » 19 Dec 2006 16:20

The decodind is done by Nero Video Decoder ,you are right . :oops:

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”