Any way to add fullscreen controls?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
baddox
New Cone
New Cone

Any way to add fullscreen controls?

Postby baddox » 03 Dec 2006 02:28

This could probably be answered in some FAQ page (if there is one, just direct me to it), but I'm wondering if there's any way to add controls to VLC while watching in fullscreen, similar to how Windows Media player has popup controls at the bottom. Thanks a lot.
I'm Baddox
manquatch.com

daz2712
New Cone
New Cone

Postby daz2712 » 03 Dec 2006 12:42

I want to know something similar as well.

If I'm watching a film in full-screen mode,is there any way to have the scroll bar pop-up when I put the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen,like in Media Player Classic?
I know its a bit silly but its a pain having to double-click to reduce the screen to get the scroll bar.

Can anyone help?

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 04 Dec 2006 01:03

Press the "i" key. Preferably in the non embedded mode for the wxWidgets interface.

or

Preferences, Interface, "Show interface with mouse" then press Save and close the player. Moving the mouse to the top of the screen will show the interface. Preferences, Interface, Main interfaces, wxWidgets turn off "Embedded video in interface" then press Save and close the player. Make a new shortcut for VLC with nothing (no options) after VLC.EXE

Gwai
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Gwai » 05 Dec 2006 08:38

This makes the interface popout of the the embedded, anyway to keep the embedded and have the scrollbar pop up in full screen?

baddox
New Cone
New Cone

Postby baddox » 05 Dec 2006 08:54

Thanks for that tip DJ, that's pretty much what I was looking for. But Gwai's right, the feature seems a bit clunky/buggy. The interface pops up as the same size/shape/location as the video was before you made it fullscreen. Also, if you actually click in the interface to use it, it won't disappear again unless you click on the fullscreen vid in the background. I wish there were just a way to have a slim, full-width progress bar and basic playback buttons pop up when you moved your mouse to the top (or bottom, as in WMP and MPC).
I'm Baddox
manquatch.com

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 05 Dec 2006 10:03

Press "t"

or

Use the non embedded wxWidgets and a new shortcut with nothing (no options) after VLC.EXE

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”