OpenGL Output Window Seperated from Skin

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
ZodiacfreaK
New Cone
New Cone

OpenGL Output Window Seperated from Skin

Postby ZodiacfreaK » 10 Oct 2006 16:21

Hello to all. I am running VLC 8.5
And whenever I open VLC everything is fine, but then when I select skin mode. It goes to this
[img=http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3329/whyyr1.th.png]
I just want it where the video is actually in the skin and not off in a seperate box. Earlier this morning everything was working fine. Until I started installing skins and stuff and now it does this. I have cleared all settings back to default and then uninstalled VLC and then re-installed it and then cleared the preferences and it still does it. I know it isn't the skins fault because it does this for every single movie or skin that I try. It must be some setting somewhere. If I close the opengl window and then double click the file in the playlist it will play correctly in the skin without the opengl window.
Thanks for your help,
Mac

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 10 Oct 2006 21:35

What does it do when you use DirectX (default)?

What type of files are you having problems with?
Please list formats and containers and NOT just say MPEG or AVI.

ZodiacfreaK
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ZodiacfreaK » 10 Oct 2006 21:58

Thats the odd part about it, I am using Default :o

As for files, like I said, everything. I have over 300GB of movies. And I have tried nearly 70 of them. It does this exact same thing with divx, xvid, h.246. All the other ones that I don't know what they are. I had everything working correctly this morning but then it started doing this. I dont see why i I uninstall and then reinstall it would still have stuff left over from the previous instalation that would do this.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 10 Oct 2006 22:09

Hmm! Perhaps clearing the preferences is not enough!

Try erasing the preferences directory. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner (this is you)\Application Data\VLC Erase VLC, Application Data is a hidden directory so you will need to make it visible.

The default vout is DirectX. Perhaps it would also be smart to reset your video card to it's defaults for color, Direct3D, OpenGL and Overlay. This is accomplished through your video cards utilities.

ZodiacfreaK
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ZodiacfreaK » 11 Oct 2006 04:38

Tried erasing directory didnt work. Restored system back to last week and it still doesn't work. :( This should just be like a setting problem because this is actually a feature. Like there is a setting under skin preferences that you can choose to detach the actual video from the controler window. This setting toggles this in the default blank vlc mode but when you are in skin mode this option does not change it.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”