Displaying several videos in JVLCPanels simultaneously

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Callisto
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Displaying several videos in JVLCPanels simultaneously

Postby Callisto » 05 Sep 2006 16:36

Hello,

I've already tried to find a forum on the JVLC page but couldn't find one. That's why I post my question to this forum.

I am using the JVLC project to play h.264 streams in my java swing application.
Therefore I embedded a JVLCPanel in one of my Swing panels and connected a CheckBox with the

Code: Select all

jvlc.playlist.add(...)
and

Code: Select all

jvlc.playlist.play(-1, null)
methods.

When I just play one stream everything works fine. But when I open a second Panel that also contains an embedded JVLCPanel the second video stream isn't displayed in the second embedded JVLCPanel. It is displayed in a separate video frame, but not in the embedded one.

I think that there could be something wrong at instantiating a jvlc object. Because when I destroy (jvlc.destroy()) the first jvlc object and open a new SwingPanel with an embedded JVLCPanel and a corresponding jvlc object, the video is displayed correctly in the embedded JVLCPanel.

Does anybody know about this problem or perhaps can give some help?

thanks a lot,
Callisto

otrofox
New Cone
New Cone

Postby otrofox » 26 Jan 2007 13:31

I cannot help you since I'm suffering a similar problem.
I finally could compile vlc-0.8.6 using cross-platform compiler from cygwin. Of course I had to define the usleep function in jni-playlist.cc and change a lot of include paths and evironment variables JAVA_HOME and so... but... after all, it doesn't seem to work fine.

I mean, it works, yes, it works but... the panel where the video should appear, misteriously, becomes a window and move itself automatically making a "cascade effect" over my desktop. The name of the window is "VLC (hardware YUV overlay DirectX output).

After some stops&loads, the jpanel works fine but sometimes I get a JVM FATAL ERROR.

Concluding, there are a lot of error and it's not stable but... we are on the right way!!! for sure!!!

Does anybody know if we'll have a stable version soon?

Just a point. When using the precompiled JVLC.DLL (20060606, quite old), the examples work fine but, the API offered is not as powerfull as the one included with the last version (fullscreen, setVideoSize, etc.).
On the other hand, those new features don't work at all in my VLC0.8.6 build but, at least, they are available.

Any ideas?
Extracted from viewtopic.php?t=30534&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15[/quote]

wser
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wser » 26 Jan 2007 13:52

The same diffculty appears in my project now too. It seems VLC or JVLC? can not stream two diffrent stream at the same time.

Where are you running your streams into?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”