Can you burn to DVD via VLC player ? If so please help .

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.

Can you burn to DVD via VLC player ? If so please help .

Postby Guest » 12 Jun 2006 12:13

Hi , i'm really new to this stuff and my prefered media for movies etc is DivX . I can easily put most things on DVD through this , and i'm fortunate to have a DivX DVD player . But i downloaded VLC so that i could watch bin and cue files . Can i only watch these on my PC or is there a way to burn to DVD so i can watch in the comfort of my living room ? Sorry for being thick , but i can't find anything on the VLC player menu to help me . :? :? :?

erbsen
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby erbsen » 12 Jun 2006 14:20

Can i only watch these on my PC or is there a way to burn to DVD
No, because:
VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.

erbsen
Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? Dyncorp, Halliburton - **Stay polite ** Slaves? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 12 Jun 2006 14:20

Bin files are actually disk-images for (S)VCDs. You can open them with your favourite CD burn software. The resulting CDs are playable in almost every standalone DVD player. There is no need for any conversation of these files. The cue files are not necessary for burning the bins or reading the burned disks.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Postby Guest » 12 Jun 2006 15:02

thanks for the help guys , much appreciated

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”