2xPVR500 steam video on a network at the same time???

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
LittleWan

2xPVR500 steam video on a network at the same time???

Postby LittleWan » 24 May 2006 11:18

Hi there.
We have a network with up to 200 clients. We want to stream 4 TV channels. We buyed allready a server PC, and 4x Pinaccle 50i tuners.
Now we cannot get the 50i tuners to work toghether.

Now we want to try 2 times a Hauppauge PVR500 for streaming 4 channels at the same time on a network (Multicast).
We lost al lot of money on the first system so we want to be 100% sure this time it will work.
So the hardware encoding must work ! And the 4 tuners must work all togheter. Somebody got experience with this configuration?
Had any problems with it?
If it is possible to give us as much information about this as you can, we will be you verry thankfull !!
I only want to be sure if we buy the new tuner cards.

a lot of thanks !!!

200 students

LittleWan

Postby LittleWan » 24 May 2006 12:38

Is it true that VLC doesnt support the hardware encoder in windows???
We are using Win Xp Pro.

Littlewan

Postby Littlewan » 26 May 2006 18:12

Nobody????

Littlewan

Postby Littlewan » 31 May 2006 20:09

*kick*

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 31 May 2006 20:40

Is it true that VLC doesnt support the hardware encoder in windows???
We are using Win Xp Pro.
It is a hardware decoder and according to the developers VLC does NOT support it. Instead another pin must be selected. Probably the best bet is to start up slowly with just two cards and go from there. This way you will know what the bottle necks are with minimal investment risk.

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 31 May 2006 22:50

I'm not a 100% sure that it will work, but if the PVR500 has a direct show driver, then you should definitively be able to configure harware encoding (if that isn't possible ... we need to add it :D )
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

Littlewan

Postby Littlewan » 01 Jun 2006 20:43

Thanks for replying !!!
It is a hardware decoder and according to the developers VLC does NOT support it. Instead another pin must be selected. Probably the best bet is to start up slowly with just two cards and go from there. This way you will know what the bottle necks are with minimal investment risk.
The investment is already done (not by me, i'm now trying to solve the problems).
What doe you mean by selecting another pin??
I'm not a 100% sure that it will work, but if the PVR500 has a direct show driver, then you should definitively be able to configure harware encoding (if that isn't possible ... we need to add it )
Is there anyway how i can find out if the PVR500 has a direct show driver?
There must be anyone on this forum with this card who figured that out already?
Is it difficult to add that ???

anse
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby anse » 06 Mar 2007 21:43

I am trying the same thing - streaming two tv channels from a dual tuner PVR500. But there seems to be an error with the color coding.

The card says HCW2, while VLC wants to encode YUY2.

Another problem is of course the no-sound-problem with PVR 500.

Has anyone really got streaming from PVR500 to work? (without transcoding)

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”