What?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
MissingPro
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3.0.18 Vetinari
Operating System: Windows 10

What?

Postby MissingPro » 10 Apr 2023 15:51

So I have a video on my computer playing with VLC Media Player 3.0.18 Vetinari, and the video is infinite... but why?

The video is of me opening 2 videos, which, in the 2nd video, is of me opening the 2 videos, which therefore creates a situation where it looks like I'm opening the 2 videos, 2nd one: open the 2 videos... and so on and so forth... but why is it infinite in this case?

If you zoom into this image, you can see that the timeline of the video SHOULD have ended, but the video is still playing... infinitely... No matter how long you wait (I waited 3min and 14secs), the video keeps playing... infinitely...

Does anyone have a fix for this or am I just a terrible user at VLC?
L I S A M A R I E S I M P S O N

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: What?

Postby Lotesdelere » 11 Apr 2023 10:46

The image is very small but it looks like it's your whole desktop which is repeating again and again for some reason.
I don't see how it could be done by VLC.

MissingPro
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3.0.18 Vetinari
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby MissingPro » 24 Apr 2023 23:17

I know, it looks weird: but VLC WAS causing it. The desktop is being multiplied 5 times by VLC: and the reason why we can prove that VLC is causing it is because the about box I opened is NOT being affected by the multiplication. Therefore, only VLC could have caused it.
L I S A M A R I E S I M P S O N

chubinou
Developer
Developer

Postby chubinou » 25 Apr 2023 09:33

this looks like you are doing some screen grabbing, the program (vlc or something else) you use for recording is writing at the end of the video and you're playing it simultaneously.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”