Question on skins

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.

Question on skins

Postby Guest » 07 Jan 2006 04:20

I know how to load VLC with skins from the start menu, but I am wondering if the following is possible with version 0.8.4 which I have: If when clicking on a file that is associated with VLC player, that VLC will start in skins mode, and if so, can start with a predetermined skin.

fishinlove
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby fishinlove » 07 Jan 2006 04:57

yes,you can but sometime you want to restart the vlc!

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: Question on skins

Postby DJ » 07 Jan 2006 07:45

I know how to load VLC with skins from the start menu, but I am wondering if the following is possible with version 0.8.4 which I have: If when clicking on a file that is associated with VLC player, that VLC will start in skins mode, and if so, can start with a predetermined skin.
Select the skins module in preferences and save now select the skin of choice and arrange it the way you want it and open preferences and save it. May be smart to create a shortcut that has no options or always use VLC (skins) when calling the player directly. Now when you call VLC with a file your chosen skin will appear.

Postby Guest » 08 Jan 2006 03:07

Sorry, but I can't seem to find the skins module you are talking about. Where would that be located?

boflaade

Postby boflaade » 08 Jan 2006 05:17

Sorry, but I can't seem to find the skins module you are talking about. Where would that be located?
I just down loaded this progam myself and customizing it now.

Preferances/Interface/general/skins ...check the "advance options" on the bottom right hand corner and that will display the skin you use. When you save, that should be the skin you set to be default. I hope!

ipkiss
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby ipkiss » 08 Jan 2006 12:20

No, this won't work.
Go to Settings - Preferences - Interface - General, and select "Skinnable Interface" as Interface module.

Then save the preferences and restart VLC, it will start with the default skin (MacOS like). You can then change the skin (with the Ctrl-S shortcut) to use the one you like, and if you start again VLC, it will have remembered automatically the last skin you used.

JC2XS

Postby JC2XS » 16 Jan 2006 13:36

No, this won't work.
Go to Settings - Preferences - Interface - General, and select "Skinnable Interface" as Interface module.

Then save the preferences and restart VLC, it will start with the default skin (MacOS like). You can then change the skin (with the Ctrl-S shortcut) to use the one you like, and if you start again VLC, it will have remembered automatically the last skin you used.
When you do that, next time VLC starts up with two windows - skinned and not - then closes with an error!

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 16 Jan 2006 19:23

No, this won't work.

When you do that, next time VLC starts up with two windows - skinned and not - then closes with an error!
Suggest you reset VLC and start again. This time select your skin by choosing skins2. Right click on the player, select interface and change from wxWidgets to skins2. Then from the same menu select skins and choose the skin you want.

Now right click on the player and choose Miscellaneous, Preferences, interface, general and rather than check a box go to the pull down at the top and select "skinable interface" then save.

Now create a shortcut that has no options associated with it and you will be able to always see your skin no mater how VLC is called. :lol:

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”