white noise in the background.....

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
J.J.

white noise in the background.....

Postby J.J. » 05 Jan 2006 03:36

hi, didn't notice anyone w/ this topic, so i thought i'd ask....

i jst recently downloaded the program, works just fine....but when i play dvds, the volume is rather low and i notice a lot of white noise in the background that mirrors the audio that is playing.....anyone know why this might be, and what i can do to get the sound to be clear?

fishinlove
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby fishinlove » 05 Jan 2006 04:03

8) I think you want to buy a new sound card !

J.J.

Postby J.J. » 05 Jan 2006 06:02

i don't have the issue w/ anything else that requires audio....only dvds played through this program.....when i played the dvd through powerdvd it sounded perfectly fine....so i know it's not my sound card......

murgon

same problems

Postby murgon » 08 Jan 2006 23:31

I have the same problem and the guys at that threat too: viewtopic.php?t=14587&highlight=pour+audio

would be very happy about recommendations and help

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 09 Jan 2006 05:36

It has been suggested here in a number of places that the float32 output option may not work correctly for your audio card and has been shut off by default in 0.8.4 however some are saying that the problem did not exist in 0.8.2 and here the default for float32 output was on. Considering how few developers have windows machines it may be smart to try it both ways. I don't have a problem either way with my sound card.

Hope this is helpful to you :lol:

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”