VLC 0.8.4a Firefox Plugin problem?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
irumi
New Cone
New Cone

VLC 0.8.4a Firefox Plugin problem?

Postby irumi » 01 Jan 2006 03:14

I just installed the newest version of VLC and made ALL my file associations or whatever it could let me do during the vlc installation associate with VLC. I think it made a couple of file formats in firefox change over to a VLC Plugin when I go into the options menu. I now do not see any video embedded in websites like

http://media.putfile.com/FPS-Doug

After this i wbent to the measures to change the plugin (wont let me) in fire fox. I tried changing it to open with a DEFAULT program. Doing this gave me no timer, play and stop buttons, or a slider bar for volume or skipping thru the video. I drag and dropped the vlc mozilla folder dlls into plugins in my firefox folder and that still didn't fix anything. Anyone have this similar problem?

GaryV

re: LC 0.8.4a Firefox Plugin problem?

Postby GaryV » 06 Jan 2006 01:01

Yes, I too have the same problem. I tried re-installing Firefox 1.5 w/o VLC but still no video - in my case its Google Video

mv

Postby mv » 06 Jan 2006 20:49

delete the vlc plugin in the C:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins folder

google videos uses flash, so VLC has absolutely nothing to do with that. install or reinstall flash

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”