After update to 3.0.10 lost media library

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
packzap
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

After update to 3.0.10 lost media library

Postby packzap » 29 Apr 2020 18:49

After updating to VLC version 3.0.10 (from 3.0.08), all the stations I had saved in the VLC Media Library playlist were wiped out. Even though I chose the option to keep my settings during the upgrade, VLC seemed to want to purge things without warning. Arghhhh :evil:.

Is there any way to back up these settings. I had all kinds of online stations and media streams saved there like bookmarks. Now gone. :roll:

packzap
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: After update to 3.0.10 lost media library

Postby packzap » 18 Jun 2020 19:07

Arghhh. VLC did it again! Upon upgrade to 3.0.11 and choosing to keep current settings, VLC trashed all things saved in my Media Library. Now I have to recreate all of the media links again. Is there a way to save these settings beforehand? Or better yet, to prevent VLC from trashing the Media Library entries with no warning?

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 19 Jun 2020 13:04

You should create a new ticket on the VLC Trac with the link to this thread:
https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/

packzap
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby packzap » 19 Jun 2020 16:00

I would report the problem at trac.videolan.org, but cannot get logged in there. After trying to login, it comes back with "Invalid username or password".

So, I tried the "forget your password?" option. After entering my username and email, I get the error "Warning: Email and username must match a known account."

Thirdly, I tried registering a new account and get the error, "Warning: The email address specified is already in use. Please specify a different one."

Just no luck. It's like a catch-22 situation. No viable course of action. Very frustrating! Additionally trac.videolan.org is behaving very slowly. How much more difficult does the process of reporting VLC bugs have to be? :(

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 27 Jun 2020 15:30

Developers have a hard time with Trac too. But so far, we have not found any no viable alternative.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”