Cannot use Nvidia graphics/Video control panel with VLC

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
oggmeista
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Cannot use Nvidia graphics/Video control panel with VLC

Postby oggmeista » 05 Mar 2020 23:51

Ok this is what happened increasingly iv'e been having more and more severe issues with the now obselete win 7 x64 pro, so the other day i upgraded to win 10, everything went well, (although did check this issue) but then i noticed that i had lost all my saved games and program settings...so having done this from when i upgraded win xp to win 7....i copied the entire "user" folder from windows.old to my new administator profile....and ow almost all my saved game progress in almost every time iv'e checked is back :D , however when i went to use VLC and wanted to adjust the picture colour vodeo preferences by using the nvidia control panel, it opens normally but has no effect on the VLC colour properties but changing them with Toos/effects and filters/video effects/image adjust box and placing a confirmation tick there allows me to adjust these settings using VLC controls, but like i said the have no effrect when i try adjusting any parameter using the nvidia control panel.......i know that VLC didn't have this ussie with the now imported config and settings in win 7.......

already tried reinstalling VLC player several times and different versions currently 3.0.8 i think.......uninstalling rebooting and then re-installing the nvidia graphics drivers....

so how can i fix this... (i should add that the video pic apprears clear and in correct resolution,, it's just that it cannot be altered using the nvidia control panel.. :x

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: Cannot use Nvidia graphics/Video control panel with VLC

Postby Lotesdelere » 06 Mar 2020 10:19

Make a copy of VLC.exe and rename it to VLC-GPU.exe
Now you add VLC-GPU.exe to the list of programs in the Nvidia control panel and tweak it as you want.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Cannot use Nvidia graphics/Video control panel with VLC

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 07 Mar 2020 01:38

You cannot "fix" this. It's deliberately done by NVIDIA.

Work-around from Lotesdelere should work though.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”