Playlist Questions

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
MusicListGuy
New Cone
New Cone

Playlist Questions

Postby MusicListGuy » 08 Nov 2018 04:37

Hello. I am trying to put together a music playlist made of song files from my computer. However, once i add and rearrange the files and save as a playlist, one song is missing. I tried to re add the missing song to the playlist and save the playlist again, but it won't save the addition. Any help towards this would be appreciated. The song files are all MP4s saved in a M3U playlist file on a PC running windows 8. I am also trying to make a second playlist combining other MP4s with youtube URLs, only when i save this playlist as a file and open it back up, the URLs do not play. Any help towards fixing these issues would be most appreciated.

Also, is there any way to save changes to playlists normally without having to save over and replace the original list?

garf
Developer
Developer

Re: Playlist Questions

Postby garf » 13 Nov 2018 09:21

Hello,

you will probably need to look at the log messages from VLC:
To help you, we need messages, to completely understand what your problems is.
To fix this, please be sure before you start the playback to:
  1. Open: Tools -> Messages.
  2. Set Verbosity to 2
  3. Start playback to reproduce your issue
  4. Save text in a file or copy into clipboard
  5. Then paste the full resulting log here between [​code]and[​/code] (or use Pastebin.com if it's too long)
Also don't forget to name your Operating System and provide the VLC media player version.
On the current version on VLC (3.X), this is the only way.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”