Simple controls missing

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
John7841
New Cone
New Cone

Simple controls missing

Postby John7841 » 13 Oct 2018 23:28

Windows did an update. Since then I am missing the simple controls "Back, Play, Forward" when I moused over the VLC icon in the taskbar. Not the VLC icon where the time internet and volume is.
I would like to enable these simple controls in this fashion again and not have to right click on the small icon where Windows displays the time and other icons to pause and play.
The best example I can compare this to is with Spotify or windows media player.
You can see the "Back, Play, Forward" in the small window when mousing over them on the taskbar.
The VLC controls used to show up in the same manner in the same area, but no longer do so.
Is there a simple fix for this?
Thank you in advance.

Hitchhiker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.17.4
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: Simple controls missing

Postby Hitchhiker » 14 Oct 2018 17:00

Right click that icon you're refering to and you'll see the menu options.

John7841
New Cone
New Cone

Postby John7841 » 15 Oct 2018 02:33

No you miss what I am trying to say. Once its open, its show a larger icon in the task area. I know about the right clicking the icon by the clock and all.
When I moused over the icon I am referring to. there used to be a reverse, play, and forward options. If you open windows media player or spotify and mouse over it.
You would see what I am looking for.

robUx4
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Windows

Postby robUx4 » 15 Oct 2018 12:03

I have a control during playback: play/pause. With 2.2 there's extra back/forward buttons. Could you open an issue on Trac ?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”