1809 Oct Update and 3.0.4 64bit

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Charvelx04
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3
Operating System: Windows 10

1809 Oct Update and 3.0.4 64bit

Postby Charvelx04 » 04 Oct 2018 09:38

I upgraded only one system so far.. and have ran into serious audio issues across the board.

Creative's Sound Blaster Z card goes from 5.1 to 2.1 sound... and a bunch of other system wide issues with audio.

However, it's affecting VLC in a strange way. VLC now opens with the volume at 0. Using the mouse only allows an increase to 5%, and nothing more.
I tried the only work around I could think of... (and this is currently with only Windows default sound drivers).. is to go into Preferences, Audio, and set the volume box to stay at 95%. If I don't leave that checked, closing VLC reverts the sound back to 0 upon a new start up.

Just a heads up for those heading into 1809... as it may happen to those using that sound card, or if there's something more troubling with the 1809 sound subsystems that were modified by MS.
When it works.. they just can't leave well enough alone.

Hitchhiker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.17.4
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: 1809 Oct Update and 3.0.4 64bit

Postby Hitchhiker » 04 Oct 2018 16:44

Yeah, I've been reading about various problems which have cropped up on 1809 over on ghacks.net with one user reporting the upgrade deleted 60 Gigabytes of WAV files.

Once rumours started circulating about privacy issues before Windows 10 was released I decided to stick with Windows 8.1 I'm glad I did now.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”