How to keep VLC from changing window size/pos?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
spection
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
Operating System: Windows

How to keep VLC from changing window size/pos?

Postby spection » 30 Jun 2018 05:38

These questions are in regard to the Windows version of VLC....

I strongly prefer VLC NOT to change the window size or position at any time once I set it to the size and place I choose, even when the embedded videos change size. I don't seem to recall having this issue prior to v3.0.3, but I may well be misremembering. I've tried setting after setting, leaving only the "Embedded" option enabled each time, but no matter what I try, it always keeps resizing the window.

Also as of v3.0.3, I can't seem to get VLC to keep repeating the same video indefinitely. It always plays once and then stops, even though the "Repeat Current Item" is always enabled.

I've been using this extraordinarily fine application for a long time, and I know my way around the major settings, but these issues seem new as of this latest release. But I certainly hope I'm wrong. What setting should I use to prevent the window from changing size and position as well was to repeat each individual video file forever until stopped?

Thanks!

Gilbert83
New Cone
New Cone

Re: How to keep VLC from changing window size/pos?

Postby Gilbert83 » 30 Jun 2018 19:43

For your windows issue, this is managed by windows.

There is a resizing option in your vlc shortcut properties.
In ergonomic option, there is a think that auto-resize windows.
In multitask option, there is a other think that auto-resize windows.

A+

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”