I need help with vlc fullscreen issues

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Broly965
New Cone
New Cone

I need help with vlc fullscreen issues

Postby Broly965 » 01 Jun 2018 09:43

It's been like this for a while now and i am just tired of it. For some reason whenever i try to go fullscreen in vlc it opens the picture in one window and menu bar in another. Basically it's still windowed but it strips away the border and menu's. I don't really know how else to describe it. I actually did find a workaround where switching back to the native skin. I can fullscreen all i want that way but it's boring to look at i can't use vlc that way. I assume others have encountered this issue at some point and hope you guys know what the problem is.

Lucky Lewis
New Cone
New Cone

Re: I need help with vlc fullscreen issues

Postby Lucky Lewis » 10 Jun 2018 22:02

I got the same here and I started to use the default VLC's skin but it didn't take long until I realize I REALLY hate that skin. So trying around I used the run compatibility troubleshooter and I get it solved. There is:

- Right click on 'vlc.exe' and get into the properties.
- Go to Compatibility and click in Change settings for all users at the bottom.
- Click on Change high DPI settings.
- Check on Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: and select Application.

I've needed to do it in both folders, Program Files and Program Files (x86).

Hope it helps.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”