When Selecting OPEN FILE In the Menu (VLC 3.0.1 latest stable/main) Keeps Opening Programs (86) - Videolan - VLC Folder

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
dolphinwigs
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.2.4
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64

When Selecting OPEN FILE In the Menu (VLC 3.0.1 latest stable/main) Keeps Opening Programs (86) - Videolan - VLC Folder

Postby dolphinwigs » 22 Mar 2018 04:36

No matter what I do it wants to open the VLC folder on my C drive instead of the normal folder with all of my saved playlists. I used to be able to Open File (from menu) and it would open the folder of the last file (playlist that I opened or added a file to my playlist) that I had opened a file in for whichever VLC player window I last had last closed. Say I opened a file on my E drive where i save my playlists, then closed that window of VLC. If I now opened a new VLC player window it used to go to that folder, which made it easy to open multiple windows of VLC where I could select the same or any other playlist/file in that folder. I like to opened maybe a dozen or more windows for different videos, but now it just keep going back to C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC no matter WHAT I do. PLEASE HELP if you can.

Thanks!

dolphinwigs
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: When Selecting OPEN FILE In the Menu (VLC 3.0.1 latest stable/main) Keeps Opening Programs (86) - Videolan - VLC Fol

Postby dolphinwigs » 22 Mar 2018 05:16

It's "fixed" in the latest nightly, but crashes with a runtime ++ error when I minimize the first VLC player and playlist window and open my 2nd one.

dolphinwigs
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: When Selecting OPEN FILE In the Menu (VLC 3.0.1 latest stable/main) Keeps Opening Programs (86) - Videolan - VLC Fol

Postby dolphinwigs » 30 Mar 2018 07:04

:!: Anyone have a fix for this that doesn't involve downloading a nightly? :?: Seems like the nightlies will just crash anyways. :shock:

robUx4
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Windows

Postby robUx4 » 03 Apr 2018 13:40

The nightlies will lead to the final 3.0.2 so if it crashes for you, you'd better report it before we make the release.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”