Mobile VLC no video

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Hi

Mobile VLC no video

Postby Hi » 15 Nov 2005 12:30

Hi All,

I'm using vlc on my desktop and pda (Dell X50V). I'm trying to play a .mp4 file. When I open it on my desktop using VLC it works fine, but when I try to open it on the PDA, I only get the sound, with no video. I also tried it with a .mpg file, and an AVI file with the same result (sound with no video). I don't get any error message, just a blank screen with audio.

Does anyone know how to solve this??

What makes it worse, is that if I ever try to change the video settings, i.e. press "Settings -> Preferences -> Video" the player closes immediately!

I have tried the most up to date version of vlc for ce on nightlies.videolan.org/build/wince/ as well as a few other ones (older versions)

I am running windows mobile 2003 if thats any help.

Thanks,

Hi

Hi

Postby Hi » 17 Nov 2005 11:00

Does anyone on this forum answer questions?? There seems to be a load of people asking questions, with nobody answering them.

The only replies people get are from other people saying that they have the same problem.

Is there anyone out there? Or are the questions unanswerable?

Hi

brian
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby brian » 17 Nov 2005 17:42

If no-one knows the answer, then no-one will reply.

So the problem is streaming mp4 from your desktop to your pda?

Or are you just trying to play an mp4 on your pda?

HI

Postby HI » 18 Nov 2005 12:22

Thanks,

At the moment I'm just trying to play it locally, but I will try and stream it in the future. It's not just mp4's that don't play, I tried an MPEG-1 video also and the same thing happened (sound with no video). Both videos had worked on my desktop version of VLC,

Is VLC it compatible with windows mobile 2003??

Hi

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”